Sunday, December 20, 2009

Merry Christmas

















Hello Family and Friends,
This year has been a good one for us. We started off the year with our second year of marriage. We love each other more than ever, and we love our beautiful daughter. We have had our ups and downs, hard times, and good times, but it has been wonderful together.

We will start with Luis. He is still working for Gregory Pontiac Buick GMC Trucks, and still enjoys working there. He works in the parts department, and he also does all their computer work. He really likes his co-workers, and where he works.

He was the second conselor in the Sunday School at the beginning of the year, with two different presidents. They called him to be, and we are still not sure of his title, but an assistant in the Teacher's Quorum, or an assistant to the assistant. He goes to the YMs class during EQ, he goes to YM on Thursday, and he is supposed to help with the scouts. That is about all we know for sure.

The best thing though, we got all his paperwork done, and he started school in December. It will take 2 1/2 years for him to get his Bachelors in Computer Science. He goes to school Monday and Wednesday right now, but in mid January, he starts going Monday through Thursday. He has one two week break in the year, that is during Christmas. Other than that, it is all the time.

Now to Chloe. She started walking all the time in the first of March. She was quite thrilled to be able to get everywhere she wanted to fast. She became more of a handful though. She doesn't like to sit still for long, which made sitting through church a little hard later on.

In May, she turned one. We had two birthday partys for her. One for each side of the family. She has gotten to be such a big girl. We were quite excited when she started nursery in November. We were able to sit through our classes. Sacrament is hard sometimes, but we try to entertain her, or put her to sleep.

Ever since she learned to make noises, she has been a "talker". She will go on and on about whatever she is talking about. Now that she is older, she will throw in some words that she knows in the middle of her blabber. It is cute. She loves to call people on the phone and talk to them. Sometimes without my knowing she does it.

She is pretty independent. She likes to do things on her own. Like feeding herself, holding her own cup or water bottle to drink water. She can be quite stubborn. I wonder where she gets that from. She takes her shoes and socks off, if they don't have ties or velcro, she would rather be barefoot.

On to Holli. At the beginning of the year, I did contract work off and on for Suncrest Aviation, working on Helicopters. As with most companies, they are going through hard times, so I haven't worked there since May. I also worked for Globalization Group, Inc., which does the quality of different translated projects. I worked off and on for them until April, then I started doing more in November. I have been working pretty much full time this month, and will until the project is done. I can choose when I work, but money is always good to receive.

I was called to be a RS instructor at the end of last year, but didn't actually teach until the beginning of this year. I have loved this calling. I enjoy teaching. Then in November, I was called to be the Assistant to the Senior Activity Day Leader. I have both callings, but they don't overlap. One is on Sundays, once every five or six weeks, the other is on Wednesdays, twice a month. I enjoy both of my callings.

For the last, and greatest bit of news about me, I found out in November that baby number two is coming. I am due the 26th of June. We are pretty excited. We won't find out until the first week of February if it is a boy or girl. I want both, so whichever it is, I will be happy. In the picture above, I am already starting to show. Much sooner than the first baby. :-(

So, that is how are year has been. We are happy, warm, clothed, and blessed. What more could we ask for? We hope the year has been great for everyone. We love you, and wish you the best. Merry Christmas.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Congrats on your exciting news! That is wonderful.

Hope you have a wonderful 2010!